Subject: Re: Sinister: books and records
From: CA1jawa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:12:22 EST

This is not what I planned on my first reply to "the list" to be, but here's
to spontaneous response.

On Marilyn Manson:  I had the odd and surprisingly enjoyable chance to meet
the band last summer (whilst the aforementioned novel was being composed).  I
am not shocked by the mention of decent music in the book based on the fact
that the band they choose to listen to (at the time I met them anyways) was
Radiohead.  As humans they were polite, humorous and quite "normal".  Oh, I
must mention that the pictures in that book are beautiful (my father took a
few of them).

More importantly:  I too only liked Coupland's "Life After God"  Here are a
few of my favorites:  Tom Robbins- "Still Life With Woodpecker
               Milan Kundera- "Slowness"
               Richard Adams- "Watership Down"

Most importantly:  I have just discovered Belle and Sebastian a couple of
months ago and only have "If You're Feeling Sinister", will I easily be able
to find previous releases.

Chris 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
.     This message was brought to you by the Sinister mailing list.
.        To send to the list please mail "[email-masked]".
.  For subscribing, unsubscribing and other list information please see
.             http://www.majordomo.net/sinister
. For questions about how the list works mail [email-masked]
.             Listen, this is pish, I think I'll leave
-----------------------------------------------------------------------