Sinister: Arab Strap

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Wed Aug 27 20:48:38 BST 1997

> Have you heard the last weekend or whatever it
> was called? As I remember
> it was quite good on the radio, but I suppose it
> might get annoying
> after a while... it was a spoken word thing that
> was, as was widely
> remarked, a bit Trainspottingesque...

'First Big Weekend' is a great record, and the LP
is all great too.  I have a review on my ezine if
anyone really wants to know what i thought/think
of it.  The 'Clearing' 12" is great too, with the
Belle connection and some cool beatz remixes on
the flip.

Musically it's quite slow guitar sound i guess...
quite like Mogwai (with whom they made  a single
recently i think?), or if you want to go further
afield, not unlike Tortoise or Slint.

hope that helps someone.

the duke

Tangents On-Line
http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
Tangents On-Paper: PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK

tangent at mail.zynet.co.uk