Sinister: Arab Strap

Stuart Gardiner SKG at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 28 09:41:19 BST 1997

>Hey, A Lad, re: the Verve and your eager promotion of them.Is it them
>that did that song with the fab strings? (da-da-daa, da-da-daa...) They
>play that at Poptastic quite a lot and I usually end up dancing to it,
>and I have a feeling someone told me it was the Verve...

It was called "Bittersweet Symphony". And I think the video for it (of
the lead singer walking down a street bashing into people) was alluded
to in the sleeve notes for LLPJ;
"Jane pretended she was making indie-rock videos as she tore through the
East End. She thought herself quite magnificent, and only caused two
minor disturbances as she went."

Stuart G