Sinister: PLEASE READ: mailing list notes

Honey psm at xxx.net
Thu Aug 28 10:10:23 BST 1997

All,

One day into the new mailing list and a couple of notes:

o  The list is restricted so that only members can post to it - this is to
   avoid junk mail from the outside.  The way I had it set up didn't allow
   members of the digest versions to post but this should be fixed now -
   let me know if it isn't.

o  Some mail addresses are consistently bouncing and holding up the queues
   to the rest of you.  As policy I will remove these bad addresses after
   about 10 consistent bounces and the bad addresses will be told about this
   for some time in case they wake up.  The following undeliverable
   addresses have been removed: geoffr at erols.com litausa at aol.com
   chriz11 at aol.com bijoux13 at aol.com sfeane at force9.net.  I won't be telling
   you everytime I do this but I inherited these addresses from the old list.

o  Finally a plea: from the number of people subscribing and then rapidly
   unsubscribing I suspect the large amount of non B&S postings are putting
   people off.  I don't want to be dogmatic but from experience mailing
   lists only survive if there is a high signal-to-noise ratio.  There are
   now over 200 people on this list so please try to make sure what you are
   saying is of interest to most BELLE AND SEBASTIAN fans!  This is not a
   general discussion list for related music - join indiepop for that.

Hmm that's made me unpopular.  If anyone has comments on this then let ME
know rather than the list - I promise I will post a summary.  But let's make
sure this list keeps going...

Paul