Sinister: re:Galaxie's idea.

Charlotte Hall Charlotte.Hall at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 28 10:28:35 BST 1997

    great idea - I haven't heard "Mattress of Wire" for years...

Subject: Re: Sinister: re:Galaxie's idea.
Author:  duke of harringay <tangent at mail.zynet.co.uk> at ~ITPS-INTERNET
Date:    28/08/97 09:57

>  want it cos it's rare) could have a copy, and
> still act all smug when B&S become really famous
> and the price of Tigermilk rockets.

as far as i can tell the price has already
rocketed... someone posted here about a friend who
paid £200 for a copy??!!

i don't have a vinyl copy myself but it doesn't
bother me at all really (this is maybe a new phase
in my life where i don't get uptight about records
i don't own?).  i have a couple of tape copies,
one on mini-disc (thanks John!  did you like
Felt?), and that suits me just dandy.  i actually
like the idea that they NEVER re-issue it, or that
they do the perverse thing and re-issue it only
when they are rich and bloated and playing Las
Vegas and everyone has all but forgotten about
their obscure roots.  Kinda like if Roddy Frame
were to allow his old Postcard tracks to be
re-issued... we can dream.

the duke.

--
Tangents On-Line