Sinister: re:Klas Ericsson and long distance running.

Chris Stack Chris.Stack at xxx.com
Thu Aug 28 13:00:30 BST 1997

Klas Ericcson wrote:
> An interesting topic! I´ve been wondering a lot about it. Had mr Murdoch
>a catholic upbringing? I mean there is a lot of hints about confession of
>sins and so on.
>And someone wrote about the book/film, "the loneliness of the longdistance
>runner". What is it about?

I doubt he had a Catholic upbringing, because he says: "the vicar or whatever", unless he was a rubbish Catholic who didn't know much.

 The "loneliness of the long distance runner" is a book by Alan Sillitoe. The Back cover says it's a modern classic, but I wouldn't go that far, It's not bad for a short story though. I think it was made into a film, but I've never seen it. Apparently the book's better if you are/were a long-distance runner, which I'm not.