Sinister: B&S: the Bathers connection

Kate Dornan a.northern.soul at xxx.com
Thu Aug 28 13:52:57 BST 1997

> By the way, am I the only person on this list who thinks that there
> has been rather too many postings of a....mmm......tenuous nature
> appearing on this list in the past day or so?  Wouldn't be anything to
> do with the tape competition, would it?  Might I suggest that any
> future such competitions should reward QUALITY of posting, rather than
> quantity?  I say give the tape to the duke.

Well, the whole idea of the tape competition was to stimulate posting to
the list, and even if people were just motivated by that, it'd have
worked!!! But I think at the moment people are posting because they're
genuinely interested ...after all, there are some familiar faces here,
but also others  who have never met before and may be just discovering
they have similar interests... the list is but young... it's like
talking to people in the queue for a gig, if you will. Anyway, the bus
thread is FUN. Buses are brilliant. However, you have my full permission
to flame me if I start talking about the Manchester Metrolink or
something in a manner you consider to be tenuously connected (and be
warned, I know a LOT about it. I did my Economics project on it. :-) )

Love
 Kate xxx