Sinister: B&S / Polar Bear / Hello!

Stip / Blue Music Stip at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 28 16:20:07 BST 1997

Hi everyone

I've been on the list for a couple of days now, and have been feeling a
little furtive for homing on on all of of your conversations without
letting on that I'm reading them, so here I am, outing myself.

Following a brief spell during which I refused to look/listen into the
magic of Belle & Sebastian due to my assumptions that they were
inherently linked to their animated counterparts (does anyone remember
that strange Norweigian cartoon?), I stumbled upon them in Glasgow one
day, and things have never been quite the same...

Also, Andy Dean was asking something about Polar Bear - I don't know a
great deal, but I can tell you that their debut single was called
Starfighter Pilot, and did indeed come out on Electric Honey, the same
label which released Tigermilk. Inkeeping with this tradition, it also
looks like they are now signed to Jeepster Recordings, home, of course,
to B & S.

I managed to procure a copy of said single in the Notting Hill record
exchange, and a fine record it is - and Stuart Murdoch provides some
backing vocals and whistles and things throughout. I'm not sure where
it's available now, but Starfighter Pilot, and the third track, Safety,
are magic.

Sorry for the length of this message - just thought I'd say Hi

Love Nicola x