Sinister: how I first heard B&S...

Famous Goodbye King friday at xxx.org
Thu Aug 28 18:00:16 BST 1997

>  They had a silly "New Band Night" on the big radio station in San
> Francisco, and for whatever reason I decided to write down the names of

hey neighbor!
i was browsing the record store near my house and complaining to a friend
that i was growing bored with the music i listen to and i don't have any
leads on new music... so when i got to the counter, jennifer (who i talk
record label shop with all the time... she works there) had place the
very red IYFS cd there and said "buy this"... and i did.

funny as it is... i saw jennifer at the record store a few weeks later and
told her that B&S rocks my world... and we started to talk about Tigermilk
(which i'll never have) and she said she had it and i asked how and she said
that she got like the last copy at a glasgow record store a year ago... i
exploded, i was in glasgow at the same time (and edinburgh for the fringe)
talking to her i'm sure we crossed paths there... cept i was going crazy
at being able to buy iain banks watching the same show over and over
(stage production of _surviving desire_ by hal hartley).. and she was
going nuts over B&S.

wow.

> in the record shop and took a chance. The cashier said, "This is an
> amazing record." It didn't take long for me to agree, and get everyone I

was it the record collector on noe?

rock on pioneers,
reid

ps. why won't they come to SF *WHINE*