Sinister: sleeve 'stars' and other credits

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 29 09:49:13 BST 1997

> > - the names of everyone in the publicity shots
> and cover shots.
>
> that IS a girl on Dog On Wheels, right?
> --gorgeous either way but I just
> wondered...

yes that IS a girl.  i think i posted before and
said she was a friend of Stuart Murdoch's, and is
the subject of several songs, notably perhaps
String Bean Jean.  The dow, called 'Patch' belongs
to her.  She was also the cover star of Tigermilk,
and Tigger, from that sleeve, is also hers'. (if
you haven't seen the cover of Tigermilk check Andy
Dean's site...).  THis is also possibly a
stumbling block for a re-issue of TM, in that i
doubt very much if she wants to have her picture
reproduced yet again, and in the quantities which
it would be if TM were reissued.  i'd say expect a
different sleeve if it ever does come out again,
or someone to be in a huff.

other credits details: Andrew Symington who has
been doing the sleeves is a glasgow friend of the
band.  He went to the Glasgow School of Art just
after me, and i heard he was writing a thesis on
Postcard records, but i don't know if he changed
his mind on that one.  he used to run the 'Divine'
club nights in the Art School, and the 'Tummy Hop'
club too.  Probably more...  He's been asked to DJ
at the new 'Pastelism' nights apparantly.

hope this tangential information is of interest to
someone besides me :-)

the duke.

--
Tangents On-Line