Sinister: showing my cultural illiteracy

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Fri Aug 29 12:06:10 BST 1997

>I don't want to sound really stupid, but how much is a quid? I know that >once
you get 200 of them you can get across the ocean, but I don't know how >high
airfare runs over in England.

a quid is one pound, worth about one and a half of your 'bucks'. return plane
tickets from heathrow to new york start at around 219 quid (mine was 236). then
the english and american governments both add 'airport tax' and stuff so 200
quid will probably only get you there and half way back. which is unfortunate.

andy