Sinister: stuart and the pastels

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Fri Aug 29 14:22:42 BST 1997

there was a loud clang. turned out it was the duke dropping names: 8)

>i heard a story from a reputable source that goes
>like this: There was a party being held by, i
>think, Stephen Pastel, at which were assembled
>various pop personages and other glasgow
>hipsters.

dum de dum. i had an email from sarah a couple of
months ago and the address she gave me to reply to
was john smith's bookshop in glasgow. isn't this
the one where mr pastel also works?

actually, the pastels comparison may be better
than the smiths comparison - the pastels have been
plugging away for years loved by many and unknown
to many more. oh, you can ignore the hundreds of lineup and label changes
though.

and nobody answered when i asked whether 'songs
for children' that was mentioned in a list of
upcoming songs was a cover of the pastels track.
does anyone know?

and just why has glasgow produced more decent
bands than you can shake a whole bundle of sticks
at when edinburgh hasn't?

and whilst we're here: grass. just why is it
green?

andy