Sinister: As big as the Cardigans?!?

Landmine9 at xxx.com Landmine9 at xxx.com
Fri Aug 29 17:23:51 BST 1997

Well, what I meant by "as big as the Cardigans" was mainly:
MTV popularity (buzz clips, reports by Loder on the possibilty of a Tigermilk
reissue, etc.) and
radio popularity ("coming up this hour we've got Bush and the new one from
Belle and Sebastian 'I Just Love Buses'").

I have no doubt that B&S will be recognized for what a great band they are
(and one day, were).  That is largely the case with VU and Joy Division
nowadays.  People "in the know" know these bands, but your average music
listener doesn't (he may have "heard of them").  But they do know the
Cardigans.  And, yes, they will probably be forgotten as soon as MTV forgets
them.

I don't really know anything about Pulp, but then I have a short attention
span.  I think they may have been largely a UK phenomenom.  (I hope I am not
putting my foot in my mouth here.)

(parenthetically "yours")
michael