Sinister: More tea, vicar?

Arantxa Ubieta - Peter Miller oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Fri Aug 29 20:14:31 BST 1997

Andrew O'Sullivan, do you really expect us to believe that you've had it
off with a priest in a confessional? You'll get the poor fellow
defrocked!
While we're on the subject of sauciness, I would like to politely
register my concern at some of the potentially hurtful rumour mongering
that has been raising its ugly head of late. Just because someone agrees
to have their photo taken stark naked in the bath with a toy tiger and
then lets it be used as the cover art for a soon to be legendary LP
doesn't mean to say that they're a complete exhibitionist who wants the
whole world and his dog on wheels to know about their private life. In
my opinion. Besides which, the tiger has a much more interesting love
life. And the dog trundles after every poodle in town.
After giving the matter a lot of thought, I've changed my mind and am
now in the camp of the people who favour less non-B&S related messages.
The reason is that there are now at least 174 people reading the list,
and they will probably feel a bit isolated when confronted with the
veterans' gibbberish. It's a thin line between talking to people in a
gig queue and talking too loudly on the bus. Out of 174 people probably
only one or two will share your/ my/ our sense of humour. And even
that's asking a lot. I know it sounds grumpy, but there's nothing to
stop people getting a list of subscribers and only sending their
eccentricities to people who they know share their taste for off the
beaten track rambling. Just a thought...
And another thing. How is Seymour Stein going to react to that song?
Have Jeepster got good lawyers? I bet Seymour's got really good lawyers.
If they ever make a film about him, he'll be played by Robert De Niro.

Peter