Sinister: Re: Sinister Re: Songs for children

AEHering at xxx.com AEHering at xxx.com
Fri Aug 29 21:13:11 BST 1997

Andrew Dean wrote ...

>dum de dum. i had an email from sarah a couple of
>months ago and the address she gave me to reply to
>was john smith's bookshop in glasgow. isn't this
>the one where mr pastel also works?

Right ...

>and nobody answered when i asked whether 'songs
>for children' that was mentioned in a list of
>upcoming songs was a cover of the pastels track.
>does anyone know?

Most probably not, since "Songs for children" was, to the best of my
knowledge, never a Pastels song. However, it was the title of their Whaam
debut 7", the a-side being the marvellous hymn "Heavens above" ...

Sigh ... Daniel Treacy, proprietor of Whaam! Records and mastermind of the
Television Personalities ... another criminally underrated P!O!P! genius ...

Perfection As A Hipster