Sinister: Le Cardigans

SecretLP at xxx.com SecretLP at xxx.com
Sun Aug 31 18:02:10 BST 1997

Wow! - such negativity - the cardigans side by side with the spice girls - i
would think these people are judging the cardigans band soley on the basis of
one or two songs - (you know, the ones their record company seized on to flog
and typecast them for all time)  sad - i would expect more from the folks who
love a nice and sensitive band like b&s - if you could open yourselves up to
listenig to their other work you may be surprised at it's depth. As for b&s
getting to big to enjoy - well how can you deny a band hard earned success?
It is too bad for us as fans when the tiny shows give way to larger ones -
but most bands do not make much money at all -  and to begrudge a band to
finally make some return on their efforts so we can selfishly keep them to
ourselves seems to me at odds with the ethics we should uphold. And besides,
I hardly think that b&s are likely to be playing at festivals or wembley -
seems like that is opposite to their desires anyway. I think we can look
forward to a long period of intimate shows from these folks - so don't
despair! Also skreddy has some extra tix for the sunday ny show so be sure
and fill his inbox with oodles of requests!  take care all-
   see some of ya at the nyc shows!?!
                     chris at secretsounds.com