Sinister: stuff....

Matt Locke matt at xxx.com
Mon Dec 1 10:26:50 GMT 1997

hello all,

Ah, the dog-faced hermans and the tvps..... I remember seeing the television personalities at the Harlow Square (infamous venue) way back in the day...
I also saw boo radleys when they were a dinosaur jr cover band (or so it seemed) and, to get back to an earlier thread, flowered up. Unfortunately, the day all my friends went to see a band called seymour, I didn't bother to turn up, thereby missing a gig by the nascent blur...

Actually, I also had a close brush with the breakthrough gig of another top pop combo. I used to go out with a girl called hetty in glasgow who lived 'round the corner from king tuts. If we were knackered and 'tuts was lively, we would often vent our spleen by leaning out the windo and yelling at them to shut up (prematurely aged or what?) so chances are that while the bros gallaghers were impressing mr mcgee with their lightning ax work at King tuts (thus making some kind of dubious pop history) I was probably leaning out the window telling them to shut up...

looking back,  I wish I'd run down and pulled out the fuses... I could have saved us from them and ocean colour scene in one fell swoop... would of cost me a fat lip, for sure, but worth it.

>Didn't the Dog-Faced Hermans do something which collapsed into the theme >from
>Coronation Street played on a trumpet over their mad no-wave jazz type
>stylings - or was that another of my weird childhood dreams?

There was an excellent reggae version of the coronation st theme tune, but I can't remember who it was by...

s'all for now, pop-kids (sorry, no b&s content, either)

love ya

mattxx