Sinister: pyschik warriors of shambling

95516123 at xxx.uk 95516123 at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 1 13:46:38 GMT 1997

In a message dated 28/11/97 9:08:44 pm, Andreas.Hering at stud.uni-hannover.de
wrote:

<<
>I'm familiar only with the Dog-Faced Hermans rendition.  Which song was
>that in now?

Didn't the Dog-Faced Hermans do something which collapsed into the theme from
Coronation Street played on a trumpet over their mad no-wave jazz type
stylings - or was that another of my weird childhood dreams?
Honestly, there's loads of things from when I was about 16/17 that I can't
remember whether I imagined or not ... when I first heard The State I Am In
 (wow, B&S content!!!) I thought I recognised it from 1987 or something ...
am I psychic or just stupid

eg....
1.  All you good good Scottish people ... anyone remember a band called This
Poison! and a song called Poised Over The Pause Button?

          Yeah - I've got a 7" on Reception Records called 'Engine
          Failure'/ 'You Think!"

          very fast guitars in an early Weddoes fashion, with a bit of
          McCarthy thrown in for good measure. I also have a session
          somewhere on tape which includes the classic "St Johnstone".
          If anyone has anything else by them they could tape me,
          e-mail me off list.

          The Archdeacon of Pop

2.  Who did a song (late 80s) called Let's Go Out - very upbeat, played by
Peel

3.  Did anyone else think that I Beg Your Pardon by Kon Kan was the greatest
thing ever released for about ... oooooh ...... two weeks - what the hell was
all that about?

simon
directing traffic on the disco floor