Sinister: pyschik warriors of shambling

95516123 at xxx.uk 95516123 at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 1 13:49:45 GMT 1997

> 1.  All you good good Scottish people ... anyone
> remember a band called This
> Poison! and a song called Poised Over The Pause
> Button?

ah This Poison!... recorded for the wedding
present's 'reception' label and had a killer
single called 'engine failure' which had penguins
on the cover and on the labels said the time for
both songs was '2.53'.  they weren't of course, it
was just some Pop notion that said the perfect Pop
Song was that length...  They were from Perth
weren't they?  home also to the occassionally
wonderful Relations who were due to do a record on
a label set up by ex-Jasminks man Adam Sanderson,
but i dunno if it ever did appear :-(

> 2.  Who did a song (late 80s) called Let's Go
> Out - very upbeat, played by
> Peel

could be well off target here, but i think it was
The Very Things, who also did the very excellent
'Motortown'.

and the even better 'The Bushes Scream While My Daddy Prunes"

          The Archdeacon of Pop

> 3.  Did anyone else think that I Beg Your Pardon
> by Kon Kan was the greatest
> thing ever released for about ... oooooh ......
> two weeks - what the hell was
> all that about?

no idea... you are speaking in tongues.

B&S content?  Is it just me or does the girl
talking on the Arab Strap's 'themetune' on the  7"
on Lissy's Label sound uncannily like Isobel or
Sarah or whoever it is that talks at the end of 'I
Could Be Dreaming'?  Just a thought, and i have to
say actually that i am currently totally
enraptured by 'the strap'... listening to the Peel
session stuff, and some 'live on radio one'
material that my mate taped for me, and oooh, it's
just so glorious.

winding down to start up again.

the duke

--