Sinister: sinister: I've got the rockin' pneumonia

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 2 13:43:39 GMT 1997

> Apparently B&S got the idea for playing at the Town Hall, cos Stuart
> and Stevie were bored one night and drove to Manchester, went past the
> Town Hall at 3 a.m. and said 'what a brilliant building, we've got to
> play there'.  Any group that chooses venues on the basis of
> architecture is OK by me.

Just how bored do you have to be to drive from Glasgow to Manchester at 3
in the morning?

Isn't the town hall the one which has a huge inflatable Father Christmas
tied to the tower at Christmas time? In which case, it's time to start
plotting how to replace it with something more suitable (like, say, a fox
(if it's snowing), or a lifesize model of the Velvet Underground. Or a
lemur.). Think of the publicity for the next EP...

> >Or maybe just the most laughable, something like Bros or Megadeth!!

Well my first ever album was "Kylie". The one with "I should be so lucky"
on it. I hereby renounce any claims to be taken seriously ever again.

Is anyone prepared to admit to owning "Barbie Girl"?

> >Or name your top Christmas tune, seem as though we're coming up to
> >the season of goodwill...

"Fairytale of New York" - an alltime classic. Closely followed by "Stop
The Cavalry". And definitely not "Mr Blobby".

> >anyway, back to the marmite... when i was over visiting my
> >ex-pat friend in america i asked a couple of his friends if
> >there was anything that i could take him and they both said
> >marmite. it's good stuff, wholesome vegetarian food, bit too
> >much salt to be actively good for you but nice and tangy.

Just a shame it tastes foul.

> 'It's the growing up spread'.  I'm 5 foot 5 and I'm suing.

Well I don't eat the stuff and I'm 6 foot 6 :-)

Stuart G