Sinister: obscure, dodgy and downright shite...

Matt Locke matt at xxx.com
Tue Dec 2 14:29:31 GMT 1997

on the dodgy record front...

the first record I ever bought was 'Japanese boy' by annika (for my mum, bless...) closely followed by Spurs fa cup squad feat.chas 'n' dave with 'ossie's on his way to wembley'...

my girlfriend reckons the first record she ever bought was a jam 7 inch, but I think she's showing off

As for obscure, I once saw The Bardots supporting someone at the Harlow square, and was so impressed I went up to the lead singer and bought their 'Sad Anne' ep. He looked very chuffed, and then rather embarrased...

I've also got lots of rare jazz/funk/soul from my dodgy days as a glasgow dj, including an album called 'poetry in the cellar' featuring lawrence ferlinghetti reciting poetry to cheesy jazz background music. nice.

I also had 'snot rap' by kenny everett, but best say nothing about that.

later all,

mattxx