Sinister: b & s on the telephone

*La Grande V* verity.clarkson at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 2 22:46:52 GMT 1997

> >      You didn't hear it from me, but B&S are not in the top ten "Best Band"s in
> >      the NME awards so far, neither are they in the top ten "Best New Band"s
> >      either, so get voting... you can vote online at
> >      www.nme.com/awards/vote.html
> >
> Well B&S are one of the 10 shortlisted bands for "best session".
> Apparently you've got to phone a certain number to vote - Does anyone out
> there know the number? A couple of hundred votes from us lot could make a
> fair bit of difference.
>
> Stuart G

   as far as i can tell from the scrawl on the history notes i was making
whilst the radio was on, the phone no. to vote for the best session is:
     0881 110 100
  i hope this is useful....! ;)

obscure records stuff: does anyone out there know anything about a band
called brick supply who (i think) did the original version of "not so
manic now"? i have one of their eps featuring a rather jaunty little
tune about a deranged killer (no, honestly, it's ace!)..

marmite verdict: a superior yeast product. not only vegetarian, but a
particularly attractive shade of brown. yum.

random b & s moment: saw a lonely fox pause under the street lamps on
holywell street for a split second at 2am on monday morning. nearly melted
with delight...

love and iced gems,
Verity
xxx