Sinister: GINGER FRIDAYS IN TORONTO!!

DALE COOPER bohobird1 at xxx.com
Wed Dec 3 16:50:25 GMT 1997

GINGER IS THIS FRIDAY! EVERYONE, BE PREPARED FOR MORE UK-INDIE WITH A
SOUPY TWIST. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE.
other ginger dates include: december 19th, january 2nd, 16th and 30th.

Open letter to the cities sweetest parvenu,

Welcome to ginger...or welcome back. This letter is an introduction to a
Three-dimensional joy-ride. So it seems fitting to invite you to relax,
loosen your belt and perhaps pour yourself another aqua vitae.

Long has Toronto suffered the sticky (often mundane) battle of the
nightclub. Commercial castles of music are popping up everywhere but
beyond the architectural obtuseness, top forty dance beats and
Meat-packaging atmosphere there is little marketability left in the
budget for substance. Ginger is a new discretion invested in the passion
for new UK indie, eclectic beats, sparkling orchestral pop and even some
moog pulsations but still vibrating the resonance of the beau ideal
past. This night also hopes to pass a little debauchery, shallow flash
and designer sneers into the aesthetic of the night. Ginger is
unapologetically a vainglorious evening.

Some of the bands you may be titillated with include, David Devant and
His Spirit Wife, My Life Story, Divine Comedy, Rialto, Travis, the
Experimental Pop Band, Momus, Elcka, Lucky 15, Dubstar, Babybird, Olive,
Orlando, the Weekenders, Mulu, Ether, Cola Boy, Belle & Sebestian,Peach,
Corduory, Denim and favourites include Bowie, the Jam, the Stones,Pulp,
Suede, the Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Verve, Spiritualized,
sometimes Blur  and many more.

GINGER HAS HER NEXT APPEARANCE ON THIS FRIDAY DECEMBER 5th...1997
with more promotional videos direct from the UK and music you may never
hear anywhere else...

Ginger is Djed by Elvis Aristotle and Hosted by Lady Somerset.
Mike Delaney (bohobird) also hosts and finances this extravagant night
out. Darrell and Nora our appreciations also extend to their efforts.

GINGER WILL BE AT THE BIG BOP THIS FRIDAY. BIG BOP IS LOCATED AT THE
CORNER OF QUEEN AND BATHURST in Toronto.

We have also managed to keep the drink prices lower than previous big
bop events (ie. orange alert)!

19+/$4....because you know you want to.

a time when the workman had beautiful surroundings; for the best periods
of the decorative arts have been the ages of costume, when men and women
wore noble attire and walked in beauty that could pass at once into
marble and stone to be the admiration of all succeeding ages." Oscar
Wilde

for more info contact bohobird1 at hotmail.com

take my thoughts to the roundabout, cos me and them we like to get out