Sinister: 13th Note

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Wed Dec 3 17:20:52 GMT 1997

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:38:46 -0000, Keith wrote:

>Went to the thirteenth note last night with Tag+friend. Was very good apart
>from the first three bands, Belle and Sebastian played a short but sweet
>covers set, songs by Curtis Mayfield (Stevie sang),

damned if I can remember the title, but it was a stomper...

>Orange Juice (Isobel sang),

It was 'In a nutshell'

>Beck (Richard sang),

Didn't know it.  He can't sing you know.

>can't remember the name of the fourth one, Tag
>knows, I could only recognise the tune (Sung by Stuart and Stevie)

That was by those loveable baroque 60s popsters The Left Banke, 'I've
got something on my mind'.

>and Jesus and Mary Chain sung by Sarah and Chris.

'Some candy talking'

>Was very nice indeed, enjoyable on the whole and my car didn't break
>down on the way back to Edinburgh.

Keith's flat is very cold and he has a flatmate with a flash American
car, an old Rover and a motorbike.  But we were eternally grateful for
a roof over over our heads, thanks mate, you were the perfect
gentleman (Aggi agrees).  We did the tourist thing in 'the Athens of
the North' this morning, and are now back in Manchester which is also
cold.

>to recap
>
>    The Starlets : boring, but nonetheless young, so have an excuse

No, that's no excuse

>    Eugenius : Tedious

Yes.

>    The Pastels : Woeful (Tag enjoyed it, so did my mate Mark, but the crowd
>were essentially bored. There was even a heckler!)

Keith is wrong.  They are the Kings.  Who heckled?  I'll fight them,
I'm a bit tasty you know....

>    Belle and Sebastian : Good, but covers, so hard to say really - was
>enjoyable

They pulled it off pretty well (so to speak), yeah - it could have
been a bit longer, but 5 songs by B&S is worth 20 seconds of most
everybody else.  And was all for charidee.

>Cheers,
>    Keith.

Keith, Aggi loves Edinburgh (and is cursing not bringing her tape
recorder).  Now she's demanding left banke tapes, and Ennio Morricone
LPs.  And says thanks for everything, and I second that emotion.

That's all....

Love Tag