Sinister: cock rock fun

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Wed Dec 3 19:55:20 GMT 1997

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997 16:44:34 -0000, Tim wrote:

>MY pop can and will never include Stairway to bleedin' Heaven or
>Smoke on the Water.

My pop is called James McTaggart, can and will speak Gaelic and make a
mean Spanish omelette.

>Let those who want to incorpaorate those moments
>find their own words for their macho, thoughtless unchallenging guff.
>Let them have rock, or whatever, if it makes them feel more manly.
>Because the joy of the self-making that pop allows is the ability to
>place yourself _against_  as well as (more than?) _for_.

I think 'Ace of spades' 'The boys are back in town' and Rainbow's
'Since you've been gone' are totally fantastic pop records.  Macho as
hell, perhaps, but they make my adrenaline rush not my testoserone.

>'Things Fall Apart' by Christina, which is not only my favourite Xmas
>record, but also my favourite disc on the mighty Ze imprint. Over a
>thumping disco beat Christina relays a sad chain of events which might
>even do justice to Belle and Seb's more melancholy moments:
>"there wasn't any snow, but there was rain
>he licked me like a candy cane
>and then one day he said
>'I can't stand in your way, it's wrong'
>'Way of what?' I asked, but he was gone.
>Things fall apart, but they never leave your heart..."

I had completely forgotten that existed.  Thank you.

>Still endeavouring to clean up my mail, and wet from trying to drown
>myself in the Clyde. there were too many Rangers fans doing the same
>thing on Sunday night...

Hahahahahahahaha.....

Katrina, we're on the case for the after-show, still trying to sort a
venue - with decks.  We're making enquiries soon, but Julian is ill,
and I'm in London for a few days as of tomorrow.  I'll mail you
tomorrow with more information.

Love Tag