Sinister: 13th Note/Hello Walter?

Julia Mary Brown 9503594b at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 4 13:35:56 GMT 1997

I was at the gig in the 13th Note too, and I thought Eugenius, The
Pastels and Belle and Sebastian were great.  But I was also probably
the only person there that was disappointed that the BMX Bandits
didn't play! (....they were one of the first bands I cared about)

The Pastels totally rocked.  And Stephen Pastel was wearing a dufle
coat before hand, which was cool because I always thought the
Pastels/duffle coat thing was a myth.

The only thing I think was that B&S shouldn't have played last when
they weren't playing a full set,  It didn't bother me because I knew
from a girl who asked Sarah that they were only playing 5 songs, but
I know a couple of people there thiought it was a bit of an
anticlimax- by being last on the bill I suppose expectations were
raised a bit.
Still, what they played was fantastic, and I liked the Jesus and Mary
chain song best cause of the cool guitar bits that Chris played.

The most amazing feat of the night was that they all got on the
stage, which was tiny.  Or they did at first, and then Stuart David
gave up and played his bass from the front row of the audience,
standing up at first, and then from sitting down.  He's got a beard
now, and Chris Geddes' shaved head looks good, though its no longer a
total skinhead.  Does any one care about these details- probably
not..sorry.

Now I must abuse the list a bit, and hope that Walter (sorry, can't
remember your non-nickname) has bothered reading the above rubbish to
get this far, and say that I am still here, all the rest of my mail
seems to be getting to me ok, so I don't know why yours doesn't,
and i don't know if you get the messages I send or not.  Incase you
haven't this is ny address to write on paper if you still want to
meet up for Manchester: Flat 2/R, 12 Arlington Street, Glasgow,
G3 6DU.
I'm really sorry to everyone for that, but there seemed to be no
other way of contact.

And to reiterate a previous plea, anyone want to meet up with me
enroute to Manchester? I'll be travelling from Aberdeen via Glasgow,
and where ever the bus/train (I've not decided) stops.

Bye bye, love Juliaxxx