Sinister: 13th Note

plaird plaird at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 4 17:44:01 GMT 1997

Robert McTaggart wrote 3/12/97 5:20 pm:
>>can't remember the name of the fourth one, Tag
>>knows, I could only recognise the tune (Sung by Stuart and Stevie)
>
>That was by those loveable baroque 60s popsters The Left Banke, 'I've
>got something on my mind'.

Now I'm dead jealous. Couldn't make it through on Tuesday as I was
entertaining friends.
Ahh The Left BankeĀŠ purveyors of timeless perfect pop, who had hits
with the harpsichord fuelled 'Walk Away Renee', 'I Haven't Got the Nerve',
'She May Call You Up Tonight' and the above 'I've Got Something on My Mind'
amongst others.
Highly recommended to those whose ears love B&S.

Keith, I do believe I've played 'I've got SomethingĀŠ' while you were at
the club a while ago. I could give you a copy of Left Banke stuff if you
want.

>In today's Melody Maker, it says that B&S are going to be supported by
>Arab Strap at the Saturday show in Manchester. Katrina?

>Stuart G

It seems The Strap are playing at The Attic in Edinburgh on Tuesday the
16th with Jeepster signings Snow patrol. Unfortunately the woeful Pilotcan
are on the bill above the B&S labelmates. Would anybody be going to that
particular shindig. What are Snow patrol like then? - More info Katrina.

Byee,
Paul <plaird at ndirect.co.uk>

"Go to work on an Egg" - THE EGG Marketing Board