Sinister: now wait just a minute...

Amanda Bergman a-bergman at xxx.edu
Thu Dec 4 19:04:09 GMT 1997

>Don't take this personally, but...
>That pastiche of a B&S song which someone suggested we could all add to in
>a kind of internet happy clappy collaborative perfect world vomit inducing
>experiment type thingy was simply astounding!
>Please keep such "ideas" to yourself next time, I could do without the kind
>of mental upset which your "song"  caused me.
>It's nonsense like this which gives fans a bad name.
>Right, can I go back to sleep now?

no, it's nonsense like *that* that gives fans a bad name.
I'm relatively new to the whole email mailing list business, but wasn't
that a flame?

Let me just say that the B&S list has been one of the best things that's
happened to me since I've been out here for school. Well, I guess it's been
B&S in general, but I've "met" so many amicable, generous people via the
list. Ben helped me obtain all 3 EPs, I had no trouble acquiring a tape of
Tigermilk, and everyone else has been (for the most part) just so nice and
good-humored and eloquent in their postings to the list. I've even struck
up a few longtanding email exchanges with some people. Unlike some, I
relish those mornings when I wake up, boot up the ol' Macintosh, and check
my email to find 20-odd messages waiting for me. It's become regular
routine. I fear for the upcoming vacation when I'll be away from my
computer...

And I finally found out about a fellow listee right here on campus (hello,
Claudia!); we got to chatting last night at a transmitter training session
at the university radio station (she inquired as to where I had purchased
the enamel B&S badge that I wear on my coat; I explained the wonder that is
international credit card charging), and eventually we both confessed to
being (mildly) crazed fans. I'm glad to have found a kindred spirit here.

Just my $0.02.

ta,
Amanda

------------------------