Sinister: Flower of Scotland

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Fri Dec 5 09:08:57 GMT 1997

On 05 Dec 1997 08:19:31 +0000, Richard wrote:

>Secondly, with the World Cup comes the World Cup song. How about BandS
>doing the Scotland one, then we can have some solace when we return home
>pointless because we'd have the best song and all the international
>kudos associated with that.

I've said it before, the words to 'Dylan in the Movies' lend
themselves perfectly to the sort of devotion and delicious
sentimentality that football fans know and love.  But can you imagine
Belle and Sebastian doing 'Flower of Scotland'. If any voice is suited
to the beautiful defiance and vulnerability of that song, then it's
Stuart Murdoch's.  I may be 50% sasernach, but that song gets me every
time.

On the other hand they could just do 'Donald, where's yer troosers?'

Wild Jock McTaggart, Scourge of the Glens