Sinister: today's guardian

Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET
Fri Dec 5 12:16:46 GMT 1997

(or yesterday's if this mail takes as long to get to the
list as the last one did making me look a complete fool in
the process as katrina had already answered the same
question posed by someone else. actually, making me look
like a complete fool doesn't take much anyway...)

******************************
* relevant stuff begins here *
******************************

anyway, jo whiley as fallen for 'if you're feeling sinister'
as her record of the year (2nd actually, radiohead was
first, the verve was third) despite it being released last
year. she says: 'genius music made by people who don't give
a fig about fitting into any musical trend' which i think
we'd all agree with most of...

***********************
* and ends here, sigh *
***********************

um, i think i like more of the 'dance' cds they choose
above the 'rock' cds. (made me laugh when i bought that
autechre cd earlier this year and it had 'soul and dance' on
the sticker on the back of it) actually, the whole of
today's G2 is worth a read as it goes over their fave
videos, books, video games, lps (etc) of the year and they
usually have good taste. good timing too seeing as ma is
starting to pester me about what i want for christmas. (a
sony mzr30 would be nice ma, if you're reading this. i doubt
it'll happen though. will end up buying it myself. again)

hey, if belle and sebastian were a pantomime which one would
it be?

andy
arse, just seen that 'the children's hour' is on this
afternoon and i didn't set the video - shirley maclaine and
audrey hepburn as two lesbian teachers... no, behave, it's
not how it sounds, it's a classic b&w thing.