Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V1 #91: vegemite vs marmite

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Sat Dec 6 15:44:24 GMT 1997

shelley wrote:

> > From: "Johnston, John CT" <John.Johnston at xxx.uk>
>
> > All ,
> > I was shocked and horrified when I heard that certain members of our
> > favourite pop combo prefered Vegemite to Marmite.
>
> You can't berate them for showing superior taste!  :)

Here here!

> Perhaps the little blurb at the end of each mailing should be changed to
> include (and this may only be understood by a few of us, unless vegemite
> advertising has gone global)...
>
>    -
>
> <snip>
>
> > .    We're all happy little vegemites as bright as bright can be.... Aren't we?
> > - -----------------------------------------------------------------------

just for all of you non-aussies out there, it is a jingle from a Vegemite ad, and
'cos i know you're all dying to know how the rest of it goes ..We're happy little
Vegemite's as bright as bright can beWe all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch
and tea
Our Mother says we're growing stronger every single week
Because we *love* our Vegemite
We all *adore* our Vegemite
It puts a rose in every cheek!

Shelley, can't wait til you come over and we can post us singing it together onto the
list!

Cheers,
Katrina.

--