Sinister: Chit-chat

PM - AU oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Sat Dec 6 16:46:33 GMT 1997

I successfully identified a Rainbow track in a bar recently,
and everyone agreed with me thAT "sINCE YOU bEEN gONE"
(whoops, my shift appears to have momentarily locked.
That'll be the Marmite) is a top slice of pop/rock
splendidness, and that Grahame Bonnet, the first rocker to
be named after a car part, strode the narrow world of pop
and rock like a collosus in mirror shades. Alcohol may have
played a part in my colleagues' agreement on this point. If
I'm not mistaken, the release of SYBG was roughly the same
time as "Dippity Day" by The Smurfs. Those of you with
access to the Guiness Book of Hit Singles might be kind
enough to check that out for me. This has been brought on by
a very clear memory of the fattest kid in school dancing
around the youth club to Father Abraham's finest, and SYBG
was always on the school jukebox. Great days, Eddie, great
days...

I want that Sun Ra record. The most obscure record I own is
"Neurone Music" by The Deep Freeze Mice. It's a twelve inch,
which is part 33 and a third rpm and part 45. The B side is
devoted to a Yoko Ono style sound collage. I bought it
secondhand many years ago, and I'm buggered if I know why.

I enjoyed Matt's piece about Terry Callier and shall be
writing to him to apply for a tape forthwith.

The song writing idea was fine by me, and I hope Nick(?) no
longer feels that he's had the stuffing knocked out of him,
rearranged, or in any way disturbed. A man's stuffing is his
own private kingdom.

Ivo, you must be the only Brazillian not kicking cocnuts
about on Copacabana beach in the hope of being signed up by
Barry Manilow's scouts. I'm looking forward to ScotlAND
AGAINST bRAZIL (there it goes again), I have a thing about
Brazilian footballers. I dragged myself out of the house in
a flu induced stupor to see Bebeto playing for Deportivo La
Coruña. He didn't do much. Ronaldo was jolly entertaining
last year. He looks like a potato.

Peter