Sinister: IRC

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 10 15:20:17 GMT 1997

Thought I'd give the old IRC job a shot tonight, if anyone's up for it. If I
can configure my machine to work properly (it's running through a proxy
server - which doesn't like to use any IRC except netcom which is what the
proxy server runs).

    We could as an alternative suggestion, run a chat program on David +
Katrina's web page (This would mean people wouldn't need to download mirc
and go through all the trauma, same as the NME webpage), however given the
way these things work, you need a server program to be running on the web
page machine - which means that your ISP will have to allow you to do
this...

What do people reckon, is it possible? I can knock up the software if it's
possible.

Keith.