Sinister: rebelious jukebox (yeah!)

stephen troussé poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 10 15:48:53 GMT 1997

> oh, has anyone got their tickets from foundation yet? it's a
> couple of days away from me starting to worry but some
> reassurance would be good...

I got my tickets this morning! Which reminds me... I'll be staying at the
youth hostel on the Sunday night. Somebody posted the prices the other day,
and I thought I ought to add that you'll have to pay another tenner to the
basic £18 to become a member of the YHA. Still, it's probably  cheaper than
staying in a dodgy B&B... we ought to take over the place for a couple of
evenings!

> and why is the list so quiet recently? is it because we're
> all strung out on irc? i didn't get home until 11 last night
> with all the chatting... it's a strange thing. kids, just
> say no.

It is indeed a very spooky medium. There's something a bit ouija-board-ish
seeing all these words materialise out of the ether onto your screen. It
can be a bit like trying to have a conversation in a crowded pub during a
powercut if there's a lot of people there. Also, you need bionic fingers to
keep up with the typing speed of the Honeymonster.

I had a look at the Stokage fanzine this morning. Great article, Stefan! It
said a lot that I've felt myself, but have been too inarticulate/lazy to
actually write down. Interesting that Stuart David says that 'Tigermilk is
free and untutored and Sinister is repressed and lifeless' and yet there's
still no plans to release it...

Oh well, 17 days and counting...

Stephen