Sinister: lyrics.....

***Rob B*** rewb2 at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 11 22:36:18 GMT 1997

> Can i make some lyrics requests here? Please could somebody tell me the
> lyrics to Electronic Renaissance PLEASE!!!!!! I'm going slightly insane!

Electronic Renaissance
----------------------------------

Well it's the way to go so drop a pill and then say hello

Play a game with your electronics
Take a step to the discotheque, and people
Go outside where there's someone watching cars go by
And the city tall with steeples

Hand in hand with the electronic Renaissance is the way to go yeah
Hand in hand with the electronic Renaissance is the way to go boy
Hand in hand with the electronic glitter eyes (?) is the way to go
You're learning, soon you will do the things you wanted
Since you were wearing glitter badges

If you dance for much very longer
You'll be known as the boy who's always dancing
If you work for much very longer
You'll be known as the boy who's always working

Monochrome in the 1990's
You'll go disco and I'll go my way
Monochrome in the 1990's
You'll go disco and I'll go my way
Monochrome in the 1990's
You'll go disco and I'll go funkadelic man
It's the way to go
So drop a pill and then say hello

> And 'Expectations', whats the line where I think it goes 'hey you've
> been used, write a song i'll sing along, how you can't settle down, soon
> you know that you are ???? you're on top of the world again'? strange?
> sane? it always sounds different to me....aaaah!

yes strange is right :o)
though i think it's 'are you calm?  settle down'

> And, this is that last one fer now, promise! What (and who?) is being
> spoken at the end of 'I could be dreaming'? I gather something about
> richard the 3rd
> thank ing youse kindly!

i've been wondering that for ages...  i tried writing a bit out, but don't
recognise what it's from
for what it's worth, here's my (flawed) transcription of the last bit:

"...and frequenting a kind of perpetual club for sages, philosophers, and
other idle personages of the village which held its sessions in the village
of course at the small inn, designated by a courtier of his majesty George
the third.  Here they used to sit in the shade for a long lazy summer's day
talking listlessly over the village gossip and telling endless sleepy
stories about nothing.  But it would have been worth any statesman's money
to have heard the fine discussions that sometimes took place when by chance
an old newspaper fell into her hands from some passing traveller.  How
solemnly they would listen to the contents as drawn out by Derek Van Boore
(?) the schoolmaster, a dapple learned man who was not to be daunted by the
most gigantic word in the dictionary."

anyone know what this is from?  i don't :)

got my tickets yesterday!!  happy happy happy bunny

love to all

rob xx

p.s. can someone explain what this sunday matinee business is all about -
i'm most confused...