Sinister: Ben Folds and Sebastian

Reid itstrue at xxx.net
Fri Dec 12 00:47:23 GMT 1997

> not only is Ben Folds a massive Radiohead fan (and...), but
> that he absolutely adores B&S, and is  desperate to get hold of
> a copy of Tigermilk. How we laughed as we thought that, whilst he may
> have a multi-million dollar recording contract and a top twenty hit
> in America (is this true, Yanks?), he may never have heard 'She's
> Losing It'.

Ah, how great it is to hear that folks in the UK have discovered the
glory that is Ben Folds Five.  Their second album is really great, but
the first, self-titled one is an absolute classic.  And they're one of
the best live acts around.

A Top 20 hit?  Hmm...I'm not sure about that.  I know that they've been
playing "Brick" a lot on the radio around here, but I don't even think
that it was released as a single.  It may be top 20 in the Modern Rock
tracks or something...but then again, I stopped obsessively looking at
Billboard years ago, so what would I know?

So while I sit here in the hometown of Ben Folds Five, reading about how
all of you lucky Brits get to go to see Belle and Sebastian, at least I
can can take comfort in the fact that I have better access to more BFF
gigs.  I've seen them three times this year (had the chance to see them
three more, but that would have taken some "doing"), and they'll
probably play here again.  And if you think I'm being snotty, just
remember that I'll probably NEVER see Belle and Sebastian.

Down by Rosemary and Cameron,
   Reid
--
"If the editors of the Manhattan Argus see fit to publish the rantings
of a disordered mind, then perhaps they will see fit to publish this
itstrue at earthlink.net or (alternate) itstrue at mailcity.com
AUTOFAC reviews: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/8002