Sinister: Pop Music? Merkan distribution? Television Personalities?

Ian W Halliday iwh at xxx.com
Fri Dec 12 20:55:06 GMT 1997

Ignoring for a moment those people who use 'pop' as a derogatory term,
and recalling that my father called everything he didn't like 'jazz', I
remember that the early Pink Floyd albums bore the extraodinary
instruction "File Under Pop Music" but I don't know whether the stores
ever did that.
A visit to http://www.cdnow.com/ will reveal that Sinister is
distributed by EMD/Capitol, quote a review from Rolling Stone giving it
4.5 out of 5 and offer 30 second soundbites of five of the songs.
Finally, does anybody notice any similarities between B&S and the
Television Personalities (all together now, WHO????)

Ian