Sinister: P!O!P! Music ? Right, the Television Personalities ...

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Fri Dec 12 23:41:28 GMT 1997

At 09:55 13.12.1997 +1300, Ian W Halliday wrote ...

Ooops ... + 1300 ... where do you live ???

>early Pink Floyd

>Finally, does anybody notice any similarities between B&S and the
>Television Personalities (all together now, WHO????)

"So it may as well be me" ... what do you have in mind ?

The bossa nova guitar part on "The prettiest girl in the world", the line
"Boy on the bike, what are you like" being inspired by "Girl on a
motorcycle", "Judy and the dream of horses" (alternatively, "Dog on wheels"
... "Promise you'll always be around when I call") being inspired by
"Magnificient dreams" ("And if you need someone, I'll be here if you should
fall, I'll be here with open arms to catch you"), the piano on "Who will be
your prince ?" or the trumpet part on "I hope you have a nice day" ?

That "A century of fakers" is almost as beautiful as "Haunted" ? Or that "A
century of fakers" could have been the Nineties "A sense of belonging" for
its lyrical content ?

That the media attitude of B&S could be described as "You can keep your hits
and your silver discs, I'll stick two fingers to fame" ("Hard luck story
number 39") ?

That the "Songs for children" debut 7" by the Pastels was issued on Dan
Treacy's Whaam! Records ?

That B&S are the new hopes to produce a perfect P!O!P! album such as
"Privilege" ?

The similarly high voices of Stuart and Dan ? The common genius ?

Alright, you probably mean the similarity between "A century of Elvis" and
"She loves it when he sings like Elvis".

Oh well ... that would be boring ...

 Bodil & Andreas

"He was very famous
 Once upon a time
 And no-one cares
 Even if he's alive"

 (Daniel Treacy)

 B&A: "We do !"

 D: "Ooh! Get me away from here I'm dying"