Sinister: Ink Polaroid Competition

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Sat Dec 13 20:56:15 GMT 1997

well, we finally got round to jdging this, actually we'd decided the
winner ages ago but hoping that the band and a few other people would
offer their opinion.

so the winner of the four posters (one for each Jeepster release to
date) and the t-shirt of choice is Jonathon Mackie, his was entrant no'
15 (in our numbered list) and will get his prize pickings as soon as he
gets in contact with us and lets us know where he wants them sent.

to all the other entrants, we really enjoyed reading them all and had
fun judging, thank you for putting the effort in. your efforts an be
viewed permanently on the fan club site under the link called fiction ,
i hope this will inspire you to write something more when the fiction
part of the site is developed to include the forthcoming book idea
(details to follow in the new year).

anyway, here's that winning entry in full...

15 From: jonathon mackie

     This one's my favourite. It's from around seven years ago, when my
dad
     took myself and my sister up to the dams in the country. It was
just
     after my dad and mum had split up, towards the end of the summer.
The
     year before, my dad had taken a nervous breakdown and had mellowed
     out, learned to show his feelings a bit more. Trouble is, he showed
his
     feelings to another woman as well. The dams are always one of my
     favourite places. They're right on the boundary between the country
and
     the city, and they're right beside the wee town I used to go to to
play
     tennis with my uncle, even though I had to borrow a racquet because
     couldn't afford my own. It wasn't really a town, more like a scheme
that
     happened to be outside the city limits. My dad told me the dams
     supplied water to thousands of people in the city, and they'd been
built a
     hundred years ago and still remained intact. You can see me in the
     background, sitting on the edge of a large pool of water. There's a
small
     waterfall running into the pool. My dad and my sister are in front
of me,
     staring into the camera, squinting cause of the sun. I'm wearing my
red
     and white striped polo top, which I got for my 11th birthday from
my
     mum. There's car in the background too, speeding past on the small
     road. I started the big school that year, stopped reading Smash
Hits and
     started reading Melody Maker and NME. I had my first instance of
true
     love that year, but nothing happened. My dad wasn't as bald then as
he
     is now. I like him more now than I did then. My mum's not in the
picture,
     which is sad. It was a really nice sunny day.

again, thanks for your support and patience

david kitchen & katrina house

@ the fanclub

--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
    merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk