Sinister: Fox in the street

totv rob at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 16 14:39:48 GMT 1997

>Re: Sinister: Fox in the street

Someone mentioned the Nick Drake biography just now. I will look out for
the Graham Coxon glasses lookalike next time I am in Books Etc. By
coincidence I met the bloke who wrote it on Sunday at a kids party my
niece went to. He doesn't have children but he lived next door. He seemed
really nice and we had a good chat about one of my musical heroes. He
seemed genuinely surprised that there was so much interest in the book.
But I don't think he knows quite how well it is selling.

He also wrote a book (I think he's called Patrick something) about
Fairport Convention so I asked him about Sandy Denny and tried to
persuade him to write about her because she is fantastic and I wanted to
know why she died falling down the stairs and whether it was a euphemism
like 'tired and emotional'.

Another subject entirely, but I just wondered whether any readers of this
list have watched 'The Adam and Joe Show' in the last few weeks. It is
connected slightly because there is a poster of 'Lazy Line Painter Jane'
poster in the title sequence which unfortunately gets covered up by Beck
I think. I sort of help produce it and its interesting to know what
people think.

I am going to see B & S with a couple of friend on the Sunday.

ROB