Sinister: digest V1 #100!!!

PM - AU oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Tue Dec 16 22:34:43 GMT 1997

> Peter - where are you - join in the chatty fun!
>
> Cheers,
>     Keith.

Here I am, Keith!

It's definitely a time for reflection, isn't it? Christmas
is just around the corner and we've reached sinister
digest's 100th edition! Congratulations are in order. I've
been joining in the festive fun by trying to decide what my
album of the year is, but I've come to the conclusion that I
buy too many. I haven't really listened to any of them
enough to form a proper opinion. If I could, I would vote
for Led Zeppelin - Remasters, which has definitely improved
over the years since it first came out in 1990, I think. I
used to dislike Robert Plant's voice, but now I think it's
highly soulful and emotive. The other day I invested in a
Yoko Ono album, expecting it to be unlistenable gut
wrenching screams over discordant guitars, but it's quite
nice and tuneful really, a bit like Oasis. I don't know
whether to be pleased or disappointed.

I like Ivor Cutler but I'm not very familiar with his work.
There's something about him on the Creation website. Makes
it sound like he's done a duet with Yma Sumac, but it's an
illusion. He makes a guest appearance on a Robert Wyatt song
too. Two loonies together.

I liked Susannah's questions for the band. For the record, I
have slept with all the members of Belle and Sebastian,
including the trumpet player. Unfortunately not in the same
bed, or even the same hotel. Nevertheless I woke up
completely knackered the next morning. My own question for
the band would be "If you were a pizza, what kind of pizza
would you be?" - Always goes down a treat, that one does.

I've got to translate some crap about computers, so I might
end up trying to pick some of your brains. It's about a
plughole at the back, R2D2 or something. Paul and Keith,
you're both computer geniuses, aren't you?

I am going to make a concerted effort to join in the "chatty
fun" this week, probably about 8-9 in the evening GMT. Ish.
If I can. Bit tricky at the moment, even though my
father-in-law, Bela Lugosi, appears to be in quite a good
mood just lately.

Sadly I won't be able to make the Christmas day sad bastards
convention, but rest assured I will be there in spirit. I
buy Yoko Ono albums instead of Christmas presents, need I
say more?

Peter Misery Guts Miller