No subject

stephen troussé poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 17 11:55:40 GMT 1997

A festive attachment for you all...

Meanwhile, in other news...

Ivor Cutler - he read here at the Poetry Society a few months back. I met
him before the show, and he was reading a preview piece I'd written for a
magazine. He asked me what exactly I meant by 'Kafka-esque Zen Surrealism'.
"Well, Ivor..." I began. "That's MR Cutler to you, young man". Nevertheless
he was jolly good. I have some copies of his latest recording, and if I can
think of a decent question I might set another competition...

Nick Drake - before the pop quiz at the Jon Snow a few weeks back I was
wasting time in central London, so I went to Helter Skelter, the rocknpop
bookshop on Denmark St. They were having a launch for Patrick Humphries'
book, and who should I bump into on my way out, but Mark Eitzel! He looked
quite cheerful for such a miseryguts...

Incidentally, Tag, the link between Elton and Drake is that Joe Boyd tried
to persuade the Queen Mother of Pop to cover some of his songs in a last
attempt to get some cross-over success.

Just read the new Maker and they're raving about the forthcoming shows:
"Live, B&S will simply enthrall you". Lets hope so, eh? Oh, there's also an
ad for the matinee show - 12.30 on the Sunday - "due to overwhelming public
demand". Isn't it exciting?!

See some of you tonight in the chatroom?

Stephen

The Poetry Society Website
http://www.poetrysoc.com