Sinister: RE: the Nick Drake biography

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 17 10:35:37 GMT 1997

> The author's lifelong appreciation of and interest in Nick Drake were
>further fuelled when he discovered that his uncle Dr. James Lusk
>actually delivered Nick into the world and remained a friend of the
>Drake family. In these Pages he draws on a long letter from Nick's
>father to Dr. Lusk, in which he describes how his wife, Nick's mother,
>discovered Nick's body during the morning of 25 November 1974, following
>an accidental overdose of prescribed drugs.

Christ! A couple of years ago, a mate of mine told me that a relative of his
delivered Nick Drake - he was deadly serious about it, and didn't really
know an awful lot about Nick Drake either, but I haven't thought about it
since then... Until now, cos his name's Jamie Lusk. Bloody hell, that's a
strange one.
    So - for people on the Edinburgh list. He's the servitor at Potterrow at
the moment - Paul Laird, you'll know him.

Cheers,
    Keith.