Sinister: Foxhole, Foxhole

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 18 09:52:33 GMT 1997

who needs television when we've got the subwat
>sect?
>
>actually, we all need television because the
>records still sound sublime... actually listening
>to live Arab Strap stuff i'm thinking television

>parallels here.  yum.

Indeed, Television are one of the greats. As an addendum given to the
misinformation the press often puts about, "Adventure" by Televsion is a
fantastic LP, you've all heard of Marquee Moon, well, enough's been written
about that already. "Adventure" is great - and often derided as a poor
cousin the previous, don't believe what you read. It was that attitude that
split up this amazing band in the first place. Go out and buy their records
now. Also, if you can pick up a copy of Tom Verlaine's first LP, get a hold
of that too ("Tom Verlaine") as it's almost perfect too.
    The main reason for pointing this out is that the number of people I
know who have Marquee Moon, but don't have Adventure is astonishing -
they've all read that apparently, it's not very good.

Cheers,
    Keith.