Sinister: Hugh gets a kicking

Honey honey at xxx.net
Thu Dec 18 15:27:28 GMT 1997

Right - time to give out some punishment.  My mate Hugh who is coming
to Manchester joined the list and reckons you lot are all spotty
adolescents - he wants to know when you all get dirty (I told him
come along to the chat but he's shy).  You'll have seen his weak
efforts to leave but he's still on so far hahaha so time for some
stick probably - Keith or Peter?

He also quite usefully sent out this info re. Mancs if it's not too
late, and it would be fun if Manchester residents or ex-pats could
violently disagree with him:

**********

> Anyway - re. Manchester.
>
> Pubs near Town Hall - loads, problem is quite a few are small. However
> some decent ones within 5 - 10 mins walk:
>
> Atlas - trendy cafe bar - actually pretty good. Lots of room.
> Dukes 92 - newish pub in old building
> British Protection - gay pub but really nice

 	[ Ed: note the "but" - he's a fascist ]

> Marble Arch - probably 10 - 15 mins away. But real ale heaven.
> Lass O Gowrie - brew their own but not very cozy. Mark and Lard
> frequent.
>
> And for food I could suggest:
>
> Loads of Chinese round the corner, plus one Thai (Chang Rai)
> Good Pizza Express
> Cafe Uno - Italian over the road. Average
> Upmarket Indian over the road, but not that expensive - cant't remember
> what its called but its good.
> Mash and Air - dead trendy in gay village. Fisting in the bogs. Food
> pretty good. Service shite.

  	[ Ed: ummm ]

> Anyway I know loads of places, although whether we will be able to get
> in with 30 peolpe on a Saturday night after Christmas is debateable.
> Other possibility is to drive/taxi 2 miles to Rusholme, home of the
> asian cafe. There are literally dozens of cheap curry houses (and good)
> where you take your own wine, beer etc. Best place to get lots of peolpe
> fed.

So that's it.  You might also meet BlueBoy, a welsh lawyer, a
big-nosed english lecturer and a gay buddhist in Manchester with me -
look out for the area cordonned off by the police.

Oh and see you in #Sinister tonight, cos, let's face it, Wednesday
isn't the meet up day, it's everyday.

Honey