Sinister: American B&S fans?

ByTheSea6 ByTheSea6 at xxx.com
Thu Dec 18 15:33:19 GMT 1997

>Actually, America does know about B&S.  I live in Canada, but much of the
>info I've found out about B&S has been thrgouh U.S. publications like CMJ
>Weekly, Magnet, and Puncture.

Not to mention the NY & LA Times.

> IYFS was released in the U.S. by the
>Enclave, but then the label quickly folded.  I believe BMG, the Enclave's
>mother,

EMI-Capitol was the Enclave's mother, and EMD was the distributor.  Doesn't
seem
to be any lack of IYFS or the ep's on shelves in NYC, but i don't know if
other
parts of the country are having troubles keeping it stocked.

On a completely unrelated note, we're listening to the new Gavin Bryars cd,
The Sinking of the Titanic.  It's a concept project, one long piece of music,
mostly strings with the occasional single piano note thrown in and a bit of
brass.  It seems the Titanic strikes the iceberg in the opening minute of the
album; then it slowly sink for the next hour. It's quite lovely.