Sinister: Re: Finding B&S in the US

Reid itstrue at xxx.net
Fri Dec 19 00:58:59 GMT 1997

Belle and Sebastianly speaking, I had a pretty great day today.  The
only thing that I was missing (except for Tigermilk, obviously) was the
"Lazy Line Painter Jane" single, so I stopped into Monster records here
in Chapel Hill (where I had bought all of my other B&S stuff)
to...y'know, just to *see*.  And, obviously, I found it.  And it is as
great as everyone said it is.  I would have to say that it's my favorite
of the three singles.  But then again, I'm a sucker for male/female
vocals.

By the way, could anyone give some more info on the female singer in
"Lazy Line..."?  Does anyone else think she sounds a bit like Kate Bush?

So, anyway, it's not that difficult to find B&S stuff in the states.  I
mean, Chapel Hill is a great town, but Boston or San Fran it ain't!  And
I managed to find all three singles and IYFS in the two non-chain record
stores with relative ease.  So look around a little more.  It's
there....

~Reid

--
"If the editors of the Manhattan Argus see fit to publish the rantings
of a disordered mind, perhaps they will see fit to publish this letter!"
itstrue at earthlink.net or (alternate) itstrue at mailcity.com
AUTOFAC reviews: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/8002