Sinister: well, here it is...

Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET Andrew.Dean at xxx.NET
Fri Dec 19 11:33:04 GMT 1997

merry christmas, everybody's having fun. apparently.

this'll have to be my last post of the year as i'm leaving
work this afternoon and won't be back until january...

been a strange year. went to scotland for the first time to
see belle and sebastian, went to oxford for the first time
in 10 years or so to see belle and sebastian, went to
america for the first time to see belle and sebastian. five
b&s gigs in all bringing my total up to 6. two more to come
too, i'll see a lot of you there...

also this year i've been keeping a list of everything i've
bought recordswise and i'm just about to bore you with the
details:
39 7" singles
2 10" singles
10 12" singles
56 cd singles
2 cassettes
62 cd albums
which is kinda scary cos it must come in at over a thousand
pounds easily (i do have all the prices written down too but
can't be arsed to add them up). worse still is the fact that
i know lots of people who bought so much more than i did...

the best bits? um, autechre's envane ep was enough to make
me rush out and buy their new album and the previous three,
photek's ni ten ichi ryu was great but would be even better
if it was 2 minutes shorter, dog on wheels ep of course (the
other two didn't even get close to this) and string bean
jean in particular, that spiritualized lp (apart from,
curiously, the track they chose as a single but which
sounded to me like a giant 10 year leap backwards), bowery
electric, mogwai young team, the turn on cd (but not the
stereolab cd), and probably more things.

oh, b&s were number 1 in the teletext top singles of the
year with dog on wheels. blah blah, simon and garfunkel,
blah blah...

um, the chat thing. sometimes i log in and then immediately
get called to attend to something else, sometimes i log in
and just sit there listening, sometimes i even join in. it's
odd the way people treat it as if it's a real space and type
out their interactions. it's nice that all the girls seem so
comfortable in there, in fact they've probably taken to it
better than all the boys who tend to sit around and talk
catalogue numbers. it makes my brain ache to think of
everything that has to happen in order for it to look as
though half a dozen people from diffferent continents are in
one place and getting along but it works and is great fun.

well, i'm off to get very nervous (in a good way) about next
tuesday in cheltenham and will see those of you i don't see
in machester back here on the 5th jan.

cheers
andy
(oh, there's a slight chance i'll be able to pick up my mail
on koogydelbbog at yahoo.com but no chance of picking up any
sent to andrew.dean at bull.net so...)