Sinister: B&S in Mojo magazine

susannah susannah at xxx.net
Mon Dec 22 18:26:02 GMT 1997

Urm, B&S are in Mojo magazine this month.
Nothing really that you haven't heard already,  a couple of quotes from Stuart
David and Chris, but girls there's a luvverly pic of Stuart Murdoch , which
brings me to my next query after the gay Stuart rumour has finally been cleared
up, and that is: "Is Stuart Ginger?"
Having not seen them live yet, I have to rely on a few dodgy photos, and judging
by the pic in Mojo, he definitely looks it , but could just be the lighting....

Furthermore in the same mag, various 'pop stars' pick 'the best thing they've
heard all year' and Ian Broudie says:
"I don't know when it came out, I only bought it recently-but the thing thats
really struck me this year is Belle & Sebastians CD, IYFS. I'd heard odd tracks,
singles here and there , which I'd really liked, and now I've bought it and I
think its a fantastic record. I love the whole feel, and the lyrics are
incredibly good. Theres a lot of stuff in there, I hear a lot of the Velvet
Underground in it in a funny way. Its really weird, because they're obviously a
young band, but it is really a quality production."

and there you go...

susannah
xx