Sinister: Manchester!

MRissb7989 MRissb7989 at xxx.com
Mon Dec 29 10:53:57 GMT 1997

Well no doubt the whole world and his dog will be writing to the list after
what was THE weekend of 1997 (not to mention the rest of my life!) but I’m
going to tell you all about it anyway...
I started by meeting fellow listees Julia, Paul and Sarah (Mad!) at Piccadilly
Station, the first time I’d actually met people from Cyber space before....all
of them normal, with the possible exception of Sarah.....
Stopping via the rather ace Manchester Youth Hostel, with Jim swelling our
numbers, we pressed on to the Square Albert, and the drinking began in
earnest, as fellow devotees began to arrive in dribs and drabs.....hellos to
Suart (World’s Tallest Man), Neil, Ali, Pamela, Paul, Tag, Soozy and all the
rest of you beautiful people.

Well, the gigs started well on the Saturday and just got better and
better...The Town Hall was a fantastically ornate setting, and the band
couldn’t have been more superb.  I was privileged to see all three gigs, and
by the time Sunday night came I was in a state of absolute bliss....highlights
for me were “Dylan” on the Sunday night, LLPJ in the afternoon, Stevie’s
guitar playing throughout (what a COOL bastard), Isobel’s spangly dresses, the
effortless interchanging of instruments between the members, the aftershow,
the ferris wheel,  and, well I could go on in a similar vein for days!

I’d just like to say thanks to everyone who made the weekend so memorable (esp
Jim, Paul and Julia) and I hope to see everybody again at future gigs, in the
chat room and on the list etc etc.

Right, now for some sleep!

Martin (aka Risso)
XXXXXXXXXXXX